Monday, July 5, 2021

My Engineering Can’t Replace Your Blackened Heart

This is the fifth and final original composition in “The Lonely Space Monkey Pt. 1” compilation. I am also really proud To have written the melody, lyrics, played all of the acoustic guitar parts, plus arrangement for this one for the first time. Rex took the back seat and provided some low groovy basslines for this song.

To add that special “something” to this easy going unplugged ESP song, I have invited Kohld Haveneson from Laang once again to provide electric guitars and engineering of this song. Kohld’s creamy space-like guitar tone in this track would be his signature for all other ESP’s future release. You can find Laang at https://laang.bandcamp.com/

The intention of this track is showcase my ability as a singer-song writer (my main instrument is the acoustic guitar when I am stage, and I was never a strong electric guitarist) and at the same time giving our fans who are used to our Thrash Metal genre, and different perspective of what ESP can do. This song also helped bridged the distance between my listeners who are familiar with my unplugged materials with ESP. I really liked how the song turned out. 

No comments: