Sunday, July 25, 2021

Leadership

Benjamin Boh, or affectionally known as BB for Brother Ben, is a personal friend of mine for a number of years.

I knew BB through my closest confidante, Esmond Han (or BE for Brother Esmond). 3 of us had many wonderful memories as 6-string buddies, and have had performed together as  "Evil Singing Pandas" in the unplugged/acoustic years.

The set up is usually 3 acoustic guitars with 3 part harmonies, and combining all of our friends and fans, it's always good vibes on stage with the both on them on stage.

Fast forward to 2021, BB became the General Manager of McDonald's in Singapore. He worked hard, loved what he did, and rose in the ranks. 

After seeing him featured in the latest issue of CEO Magazine, I knew I had to have him as my guest for the talk show, I just had to! What surprises me the most is that BB accepted my invitation without blinking. 

Despite of being the CEO equivalent in this World-Famous Multinational Company, he remained humble and human, and above all, a friend. 

In our conversation, we spoke his journey starting with being a strategist / analyst, before moving into operations (relocating to Japan, bringing Singapore's McDelivery Business Model to Japan), and now, a General Manager. 

Leadership was one of BB's main sharing, and I can personally relate and connect to his way of stewardship, his train of thoughts, and his state of mind.


The conversation with BB is truly a humbling experience and this is one of my most memorable episode of "In Conversation with ESP: Season 2". A must-watch for all leaders, followers and folks with a humble heart. 

Thank you, BB. All the best in this meaningful journey.

For more of Benjamin Boh:

https://www.theceomagazine.com/executive-interviews/food-beverage/benjamin-boh/

linkedin.com/in/benboh

boh.benjamin@gmail.com

No comments: