Wednesday, July 14, 2021

ESP’s first all instrumental album: Blood Tangerine Sky

The journey of making music can be lonely at times. You can ask any Musician or Song Writer. There will be a time when you are left to your own devices, and there is no one else to be depend on except yourself, basically (Try so hard to do a Dave Hill impersonation.) 

I faced this loneliness in 2005, when my bandmates and I went our separate ways. A little like Bryan Adams lyrics “Jimmy quit and Jody got Married, I shoulda known we never get far.” Thank goodness I found my other band mate, and he/she/it is called Apple Garage Band Licensed Drum loops. 

Cover Art work for "Blood Tangerine Sky", originally known as "7 Electro Jelly Fishes".

With the basic knowledge of cut and paste and my very mediocre guitar and bass playing skills, I managed 5 instrumental tracks complied as ESP’s latest offering “Blood Tangerine Sky”. The album is now available on Bandcamp and soon on all major streaming platform. The instruments used were my trusty Yamaha Pacifica 112XJ, Yamaha RBX 270, a huge 2 x 12 Line 6 Amp (I don’t remember the amp model), Sennheiser e-835 to mic up the amplifier. 

It’s not Rex “The Sex” Viperon or Kohld “Laang” Haveneson one-man-band quality, I admit that. However, most of the guests in my talk show have similar words of encouragement “Just Do It”. I am brave enough to produce something, I should be brave and proud enough to show it. 

There you have it, I give you “Blood Tangerine Sky”. How would you classify my style of playing? Leave me a comment and I would love to hear your thoughts.

No comments: