Sunday, July 4, 2021

The Fall of The Giant

The Fall of The Giant was launched exactly on year ago today on the 4th of July 2020 and it is included as the fourth song in “The Lonely Space Monkey Pt. 1” compilation album. 

While the launch date has nothing to do with USA’s Independence Day, but we had the honor of having an America-Based Guitar Wizard - Kohld Haveneson (originally from Keelung, Taiwan) in the track. He is the maestro behind, One-Man-Atmospheric-Blackgaze Band - Laang. 

Kohld provided guitar works in an epic guitar battle with Rex “The Sex” Viperon for this track at the last portion of the song; depicting the final battle between Hanuman and Thotsakhan. You can find Laang at https://laang.bandcamp.com/

I did some extensive reading on Ramayana and through my research I found out who the good and bad guys were, the details of the battle, who died, who prevailed, and put in words and rhymes. 

I enjoyed the process of producing of The Fall of the Giant tremendously for various reason: Firstly, I am born in the year of the monkey. Secondly, epic tales like Journey to the West and Ramayana are etched in my mind since I was a child. I always fantasise being the Monkey God, the Protagonist, the Hero. Lastly, I paid tribute to all of our Thai friends and fans by drawing “Thotsakan” as the cover art, in traditional Thai style. Khob Khun Mak Mak Krub, I am grateful for all your support. 

This is probably our least comedic song in the compilation. The only (comedic) element I can think off, would probably in the hook, where Thotsakan was questioned in his dying breath, “How could you totally be defeated by a monkey?” 

Then again, he’s not just any monkey. He’s Hanuman - God of Wisdom, Strength, Courage, Devotion and Self-Discipline. 

No comments: