Thursday, July 8, 2021

Rejections for ESP by Record Labels and Criticism for “Assassination of the Emperor Tuna”.

I have been requesting record labels to consider having ESP in their roster. I personally think that ESP has worked very hard, and it is time we fight for some recognition.

Alas, I did not have much luck so far. The typical reply for rejection would be “Our roster is full until 2022, and we will not be signing new bands. Good luck and all the best!”  Situations will be very different if ESP is a famous band like Slayer! Record companies would stand in line for us to pick and choose. Even if their roster is full, there’s always room for one more band like Slayer. Wouldn’t that be nice?

One person said “...both of you (Rex and Remy) don’t have long hair and don’t look the part for Metal Artistes.” Nani-Dafuq (Nani = “What” in Japanese, Dafuq = the F**k. Hiroaki Sato San would appreciate this). 

Oh no, James Hetfield, Rob Halford, Isahn, Matt Heafy, you have all just lost your licenses to be in the circuit. Now get out, and we never want to see you again. 

Just today, I have received a criticism for the song “Assassination of the Emperor Tuna” (I cut and paste without editing, please bear with the grammatical error); I listened to your song, but the sound and the riffs are too modern to my taste. I like such old Thrash bands like Slayer, Demolition Hammer, Sacrifice, Vio-lence and Hirax. Your song remind me to those bands which i never liked, such bands like amon amarth, in flames or avenged sevenfold. I like the front cover, that is funny and not a typical one. Good luck and all the best!

At least he liked my drawing. 

It’s a pity that he judged ESP based on just one song! I could probably further recommend songs with the “old school” elements he was looking for like “TYHP”, “No Sleep Till The Devil Knows When”, “I Cook The Omelette (Spanish Style)”, but I don’t this he has the bandwidth, or the growth mindset, for ESP anymore. Needless to say, they are not interested in us. 

Instead of being upset, I invited him to my talk show. I wonder if he will take up my invitation. One more friend means I have one less enemy, right?

Meanwhile, what do you think of “Assassination of the Emperor Tuna”? I like it. Rex likes it. Hiroaki Sato San loves it. Joey feels hungry when he listens to it. What about you?

No comments: