Friday, August 13, 2021

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

This is the second time we had Mr Pae Lertsavetpong (Mr. Pae) on the talk show. We caught up with him on the 7th of August 2021, and the conversation was nothing short of sensational and inspiring. 


The conversation started with the sharing about the latest news about Mr Pae’s two establishments: Cafe Velo Dome, a cafe for Cycling enthusiast near to Thammasat University and Grand Palace in Bangkok Thailand, and Viera by Ragazze, a leather fashion company established since 1984, where he is a Brand Manager. 

We covered a wide range of topics ranging including his leadership style in both the companies, how he and his colleagues are staying resilient in trying times during the Covid. His style is simple: Listen

With the same enquiries, staffs across all levels and age group would voice different wants and needs. Mr. Pae would simply listen without prejudice to each and everyone of them, offer solutions to close the gaps and trudge along as a team. This is common sense, but not a common thing. 

Mr Pae has since managed to retain most of his employees in both the business, while keeping their morales high in trying times like this. Trust me, it takes a lot of determination and self-motivation to do so. 


One of the other phrase that was absolutely note-worthy by Mr Pae was “When was the last time you did something for the first time”? Besides re-tooling his employees to prepare the business for the eventual reopening, Mr Pae took time out to fulfil a dream. 

He picked up skateboarding. 

I used to skate a little when I was a teenager, and we had some fun chatting about it. Doing something for the first time can be daunting. However, with practice and time, we all get use it and improve along the way. 

Even when I have passed 40, I am proud to share that I am picking up new things from my children, from my colleagues and from my friends. Ego is an invisible wall blocking all potentials and knowledge, best to be aware break the wall down as soon as your realise it. 

Keeping an open mind and be daring to try is how I have lived my life; it’s an absolute pleasure to be on the same page as MrPae. 

I am grateful to have Mr.Pae on the show again and I can’t wait to catch with him in person in Bangkok, Thailand. He promised that he will make a Cappuccino for me in Cafe Velo Dome. That’s a deal Mr. Pae, I hope to see you in the beautiful City of Angels sooner than later. All the best, now.


Please click on the link for full episodes. Special thanks to City Music Singapore for their kind support by loaning the Mackie EM91CU USB Condenser Microphone. I sound very good on air in that microphone. For more of City Music, please click on www.citymusic.com.sg or head on down to Peace Centre if you are in Singapore. Until next time, friends. Thank you for reading and watching. 

No comments: