Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Let me walk with you.

My first contact with Mr Jude Tan was when I applied for SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Business HR Ready Programme by Korn Ferry Academy in January 2021. 

He is one the key facilitators in the academy, and played an empirical role in the onboarding process. He is always helpful even with the most last minute request or enquiry. I found gainful employment after  in the course, and eventually left the course after the first module. What I gave learnt has proven to be the most meaningful and useful. I often quote the lessons I have learnt in my daily and in my talk show. 


My band ESP launched a Limited Edition “The Lonely Space Monkey Part 1” T-shirt to celebrate the one year anniversary release of the compilation album in July 2021. 

Only 27 were available for sale. Jude  reacted to my request for support and he’s one of the 27 owners of this rare item. The shirt is now sold out. (Thanks, Jude!) We met up over lunch and coffee, as he wanted to personally collect the shirt from me.

Through our very meaningful catch up, I found out more about him, and eventually leading to an invitation as a guest to the talk show. Jude has such a interesting and powerful calling and I just need to have him on the show to share his ideas and thoughts with the world. 
 

Jude has an idea, he has a plan. It’s not the destination he’s after, but he’s making the best in the journey. What is it? Simple: To help ex-convicts in the Singapore prison system to have gainful employment upon release. He has an idea to find a way to help break the vicious cycle and help those in need and those who are trapped beyond hope in this stigma. He is planting one seed at a time. I believe in him. I believe he can do it. 

Proudly wearing the Limited Edition “The Lonely Space Monkey Shirt” for the live chat, Jude told us his tale, his past, his present, his future and his plan (including the “70/20/10” concept). My main take away from Jude was this: Let me walk with you. 

To find out what he means by that, please click on the link for the meaningful, insightful and inspirational episode of “In Conversation with ESP”. 

Special thanks to our sponsor for the show, City Music Singapore, our producer Joey Chin, our guest Jude Tan and our fans and friends of ESP. 

No comments: